The Payroll/HR Coordinator provides support to the Human Resources Manager and assists with all day-to-day Human Resources related duties. This position will be the primary payroll processor and will carry out responsibilities in the following additional functional areas: employee relations, benefits administration, onboarding, and recruitment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Process weekly and bi-weekly payroll.
- Prepare and distribute weekly payroll reports.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies and answer employee questions.
- Assist with the recruiting and onboarding process of all exempt, non-exempt, and temporary employees, including the review of applications, submission of job postings, initial interviews of candidates, and new hire orientation.
- Assist with benefits administration, including organizing annual open enrollment, changes, and terminations.
- Receive and address employee questions regarding company policies, procedures, and benefit plans.
- Assist with planning, execution, and tracking of training for all employees.
- Responsible for records management of personnel, medical, and benefits files. Ensures records are maintained and kept in compliance with established HR practices and legal guidelines – also includes archive filing.
- Verify previous and current employment verifications.
- Enter/update changes to employee information within the HRIS system.
- Assist HR Manager with internal audits.
- Back up for receptionist duties, if needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in processing payroll.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels.
- Understand the need and reason for confidentiality. Always maintain extreme and discrete confidentiality when it pertains to documents, personnel files, and communications.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with Paycom
- Previous manufacturing experience
OGI is an equal employment opportunity employer.
OGI recognizes and embraces federal legislation on equal employment opportunity and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination. All applicants for employment and all employees will be afforded equal opportunity and treatment, regardless of age, race, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or other protected status.
All employees are responsible for complying with all applicable Federal, State, and Local Laws, rules, and regulations regarding non-discrimination practices.
- Full-Time Position
- M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing duties of this job, the person in this position frequently communicates with employees and customers and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee constantly must remain stationary for long periods of time, while operating a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. This position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access filing cabinets and operate office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and laminator.
The employee might occasionally lift or move objects up to 50 pounds.
On occasion, may be required to visit the shop that is a non-temperature-controlled environment with loud noises, dust, dirt, and metal particles that are usually associated with metal fabrication shops.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment and may occasionally visit customer sites. This role uses standard office equipment. When in the manufacturing facility, all employees are required to wear personal protective equipment to include/hearing protection, and safety glasses with side shields. Protective toe boots are not required when employee is in designated walkways in the plant.
Skills / Tool Requirements
- Ethical practice