Inside Sales Representative
The Inside Sales position is responsible for delivering responsive and committed support to customers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Respond to incoming customer inquiries, develop accounts, and generate parts quotes using Epicor ERP.
- Generate RMAs for return materials and track through the process while advising the customer on progress and disposition.
- Enter sales orders and distribute to appropriate departments for order fulfillment and job creation.
- Create and maintain customer profiles in Epicor CRM.
- Ability to exhibit a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude with customers and to be sensitive to their needs.
- Sell, market, and promote products and service to new and existing customers to increase business and meet OGI sales goals. Identify and prospect for new accounts by making phone calls.
- Process parts quotes and provide continuous follow-up throughout the completion of the customer’s purchasing cycle.
- Coordinate equipment quotes and orders with sales, engineering, and other appropriate departments.
- Gather and report to manager information regarding the company, competitors, pricing, products and current and future market trends as well as assist manager in planning, tracking, and implementing sales strategies and developing new markets.
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing customers.
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Any combination of 2 or more years in customer service, inside sales, and/or warehouse services with demonstrated leadership and increasing responsibility.
- Customer oriented and motivated with excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Technical aptitude.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to achieve OGI sales goals.
- Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to use computers and software applications.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates degree in business or sciences.
- 5 years technical inside sales experience.
- Product and application knowledge of heating equipment and their associated components in oil, gas, and industrial markets.
- Experience with ERP and CRM software. Experience with Epicor a plus.
- Full-Time Position
- M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing duties of this job, the person in this position frequently communicates with employees and customers and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee constantly must remain stationary for long periods of time, while operating a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. This position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access filing cabinets and operate office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and laminator.
The employee might occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
On occasion, may be required to visit the shop that is a non-temperature-controlled environment with loud noises, dust, dirt, and metal particles that are usually associated with metal fabrication shops.
Skills / Tool Requirements
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity