Electrical Assembly Technician
The Electrical Assembly Technician assembles and installs electrical control panel assemblies, conduit runs, and performs device wiring.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Using electric or air-powered tools to drill, grind, etc. as required to fit parts together to form a final assembly.
- Position component parts according to material and blueprint lists.
- Assembly includes an electrical wiring task whereby it is necessary to stand, sit, bend, and in general assume many different positions throughout the day.
- Must be skilled in the bending and installation of EMT and Rigid conduit.
- Must be capable of reading prints and performing assembly and installation of devices, conduit and components accordingly.
- Able to work off ladders and in tight spaces.
- Focuses on quality, customer service, safety, and productivity.
- Ability to read blueprints, familiar with electrical codes, and use a multimeter to test control panels.
OGI has determined this position involves safety-sensitive job duties and will be considered a safety-sensitive position for purpose of the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana and Patient Protection Act (“The Unity Bill.”) effective August 29th, 2019.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 2-year technical degree or related field preferred.
- 1 to 5 years related experience in electrical wiring in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics, or wire diagrams.
- Must have experience running electrical conduit.
- Experience in wiring electrical products.
- Experience in industrial panel fabrication and testing.
- Good problem-solving and troubleshooting ability.
Non-temperature-controlled environment with loud noises, dust, dirt, and metal particles that are usually associated with metal fabrication shops. All employees are required to wear personal protective equipment to include noise/hearing protection, safety glasses with side shields, and OSHA compliant safety boots/shoes within the manufacturing facility.
- Full-Time Position
- M-Th 6:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Some travel is expected for this position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing duties of this job, the employee in this position is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. This position requires walking, the ability to reach, ascend/descend ladders, bend, kneel, and stoop. The employee occasionally will lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Skills / Tool Requirements
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis