The Designer/Drafter is primarily responsible to produce production drawings for natural gas line heaters, industrial direct contact water heaters, glycol dehydration units, and other products.
The Designer/Drafter is primarily responsible to produce production drawings for natural gas line heaters, industrial direct contact water heaters, glycol dehydration units, and other products. This will include both fabrication and assembly detail drawings. Direction will be given from the Project Engineer to design a drawing package to meet the customers’ requirements for each job. In some cases, drawings will originate from standards and in others they will be based on previous designs. It will be the designer/drafter’s responsibility to take the engineering handoff package and with minimal instructions create a production handoff package for each project.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create General Arrangement, Fabrication, and Assembly for assign Projects using both 3D and 2D CAD.
- Create and maintain parts, their part numbers, descriptions, and specifications.
- Manage Engineering Change tasks within the PLM & ERP systems.
- Generate drawing packages for production and service of projects.
- Interface with engineering, production, and purchasing personnel for Engineering Changes.
- Generate CNC files for the burn table using a CAM software.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Technical Certificate or an associate degree in drafting preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in drafting for manufacturing.
- 1 to 2 years working knowledge of SOLIDWORKS preferred.
- Possession of strong personal organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team on assigned tasks.
- Full-Time Position
- M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing duties of this job, the person in this position frequently communicates with employees and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee constantly must remain stationary for long periods of time, while operating a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. This position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access filing cabinets and operate office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and laminator.
The employee might occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
On occasion, may be required to visit the shop that is a non-temperature-controlled environment with loud noises, dust, dirt, and metal particles that are usually associated with metal fabrication shops.
Skills / Tool Requirements
- Commitment to safety
- Technical capacity
- High quality of work and thoroughness
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem solving and decision making